The CSA Safety Measurement System (SMS) Website has been updated with the October 28, 2016 snapshot. Motor carriers, you can check your own safety assessments now.
Complete SMS results are available to enforcement users and motor carriers that are logged into the SMS. Logged-in enforcement users can view all carrier safety data, while logged-in motor carriers can only view their own data. Currently, the SMS allows motor carrier login via U.S. DOT Number and U.S. DOT Number PIN. In the coming months, access by U.S. DOT Number and U.S. DOT Number PIN will be disabled on SMS and motor carriers will need to log in using the FMCSA Portal. To prepare for this transition, register for a Portal account today.
To register for a Portal account:
- Visit the Portal’s Account Request page or click the registration link on the Portal login screen
- Select Company Employee or an Associate of a Company, and click Next
- Enter your U.S. DOT Number, and click Lookup
- Select Company Official from the Available Roles box, and click Add Role
- Click Next
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete your registration
Once you have logged into the Portal, you may review your company’s safety data. To see a summary of your Behavior Analysis and Safety Improvement Category (BASIC) information, click on the BASICs SMS Summary
tab in the Company Information
box. To access your complete safety profile, visit the SMS Website by clicking on the A&I (SMS)
link in the Available FMCSA Systems
box in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.