FMCSA Further Enhances SMS Website Functionality
January 12, 2015
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) recently released enhancements to the Safety Measurement System (SMS) Website, as part of the Agency’s ongoing commitment to safety. The changes improve the SMS user experience by making important safety information easier to access and understand for motor carriers that want to improve their safety performance and compliance as well as other stakeholders.
The latest SMS Website enhancements improve functionality for users, incorporating feedback received since the SMS display changes were released in August 2014. The updates include:
- Improvements to the mobile version of the website
- Upgraded search and data download functionalities, such as:
- Potential matches or “hints” that appear as users begin typing a carrier’s U.S. DOT number, Motor Carrier (MC) number, or name
- The addition of “Service Center” and “County” fields to search results and filter options
- The limit on the number of carriers returned in the search results has been removed (Note: Downloads for public users are limited to 2,500 results.)
- Download files now indicate whether or not the inspection was a Hazardous Materials (HM) inspection
- Revised history view that now includes additional information, such as carrier status (active/inactive), carrier operation, number of Power Units, number of drivers, number of inspections, and number of crashes
Visit the SMS Website to view and use the latest enhancements.